Chapped lips is a condition whereby the lips becomes dry and possibly cracked. They can be caused by a variety of conditions.
-Climatic change: Extremes in weather can cause your lips to dry out
-Dehydration: If the body does not have enough water
– Vitamin Deficiency: These includes Vit. A, B, C, B2 and E
– Wind exposure : Leaving your lips unprotected in a strong wind can cause skin damage
– Allergic reactions: Many cracked and dry lips are the result of negative reactions to cosmetics and skin care products.
You can get Rid of this unsightly and painful cracked lips by applying the methods below:
– Drink plenty of water. Having 8-10 glasses of water per day is ideal. When your body is dehydrated, it first shows in your lips
-Apply ointments like Glossy lipstick, unflavored lip balm, petroleum jelly, aloe vera and Vitamin E ointment are all common remedies for soothing cracked lips. applying a drop of sweet almond or olive oil can be effective too
– Avoid excessive use of commercial skin treatments.
– Don’t try to pick off dry bits of skin. It will make it even worse. Just let the lip balms and other treatments do the work!!
– If your lips are dry moisten a cloth then rub it on your lips instead of licking it. Licking your lips will result in dryer, more cracked lips.
PLEASE DON’T LICK YOUR CRACKED LIPS!!!