Start the day out with a cup of warm water and the juice of half a lemon. It’s so simple and the benefits are just too good to ignore!
1. BOOSTS YOUR IMMUNE SYSTEM: Lemon are high in vitamin C and potassium. Vitamin C is great for fighting colds and potassium stimulates brain and nerve function and helps control blood pressure.
2. HELPS WITH WEIGHT LOSS: Lemons are high in pectin fibre, which helps fight hunger cravings. It alsohas been shown that people who maintain a more alkaline diet lose weight faster. My experience is that when i start the day off right, it’s easier to make the best choices for myself the rest of the day.
3.CLEARS SKIN: The vitaminC helps decrease wrinkles and blemishes. Lemon water purges toxins from the blood which helps keep skin clear as well.
4. BALANCES PH: Lemons are an incredibly alkaline food, believe it or not. Yes, they are acidic on their own, but inside our bodies they’re alkaline (the citric acid does not create acidity in the body once metabolized). Alkaline body is really the key to good health.
5. AIDS DIGESTION: The warm water serves to stimulate the gastro-intestinal tract and peristalsis – the waves of muscle contractions within the intestinal walls that keeps things moving. Lemons and limes are also high in minerals and vitamins and help loosen toxins in the digestive tract.
6. NATURAL DIURETIC: Lemon juice helps flush out unwanted materials because lemons increase the rate of urination in the body. Toxins are therefore released at a faster rate which helps keep urinary tract health.
7. HYDRATES THE LYMPH SYSTEM :This cup of goodness helps start the day on a hydrated note, which helps prevent dehydration and adrenal fatigue. Whwn your body is dehydrated or deeply dehydrated (adrenal fatigue) it can’t perform all of it’s proper functions , which leads to toxic buildup, stress, constipation and so on. Your adrenals happen to be two small glands that sit on top of your kidneys and along with your thyroid, create energy. They also secret important hormones, including aldosterone. Aldosterone is a hormone secreted by your adrenals that regulates water levels and the concentration of minerals, like sodium, in your body, helping you stay hydrated. Your adrenals are also responsible for regulating your stress response. So, the bottom line is that you really don’t want to mess with a deep state of dehydration.
CULLED FROM VEGETABLEJUICING. COM